Information for Prospect Students
- See video!
(Students of the Year 2012)
Every Day Visit AHC lab
NAIST offers 'Everyday Campus Tours' to interested visitors at any time, to introduce individual research labs and the school's environment.
If you come visit us, we will introduce the overall of AHC research laboratory, including poster presentations and demo systems by AHC research groups.
Faculty members will also respond to any inquiries concerning entrance examination and other matters.
A previous appointment is required for the visiting. Further details and how to make an appointment can be found here.
Short-term Internship at AHC lab
InterACT Student Exchange ProgramThe International Center for Advanced Communication Technologies (InterACT) is a network of leading Research Universities and Institutes of the main economies of the world, which aim to build technologies that improve global communication and collaboration. InterACT provides exchange program where outstanding students of the institute members could expand their interpersonal skills and then collaborate and participate in research projects. [Note: Direct submission by students is not acceptable]Members:
Futher details can be found here.
- Carnegie Mellon University (USA, Pittsburgh & Silicon Valley)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong, China)
- Waseda University (Japan)
- Italian Institute of Technology (Italy)
- University of Southern California (USA)
- National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (Japan)
- Nara Institute of science and Technology (Japan)
JASSO Summer Internship ProgramNAIST offers short-term reserach opportunities (approx. 3 months: June-August) under the International Internship Program for Advanced Human Education in the field of Information Science, funded by Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO). This Internship is open to outstanding bachelor (last year) or master (1st or 2nd year) students enrolled at partner intitutes [Note: Direct submission by students is not acceptable].Members:
Futher details can be found here.
- University of Indonesia, Indonesia
- Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- Vietnam National University - University of Engineering and Technology,Vietnam
- [New] University of Ulm, Germany
OthersBesides InterACT and JASSO program, we are also open to any outstanding students from any university that have collaboration agreement with NAIST and are interested to work with our ongoing research projects at AHC Laboratory in the fields of technologies that support communications between human-to-human and human-to-computer, including but not limited to:
- Cognitive Communication & Computational Neuroscience
- Dialogue Systems & Dialogue Management
- Machine Translation & Natural Language Processing
- Speech Recognition & Understanding
- Speech Synthesis & Conversion
Interested students shall first contact their supervisor for internal screening and approval, then the corresponding persons of NAIST collaboration (as stated in MOU) may contact us via email. [Note: Direct submission by students is not acceptable]
- Enrolled at the University that have collaboration agreement with NAIST
- Proof of Funding
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript
- Research proposal related to any of the above topics
- Two Recommendation Letter [Acceptance may vary depend on our available projects and spaces.]
Past Interns and Publications
Scholarship for International Students
Information for prospective international students who are considering applying to NAIST (including MEXT scholarship)
can be found here.